Description (who you are):
EarthSoft is looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to enhance the user experience for our EQuIS environmental data management software. You will create appealing and functional features that address our clients’ needs. Join our team and make the world greener.
As an experienced and creative UI/UX Designer, you are a key member of the Product Group. The position combines elements of programming, psychology, and digital design. You will assist the Product Group to research, investigate, and evaluate user requirements for the full suite of EQuIS Products. You will have a key role in ensuring usability and client satisfaction. You will be designing and prototyping new graphic user interface elements as well as improving the look and feel for existing products.
Responsibilities (what you do):
- Coordinate with Product Managers and Product Team members to plan and implement new user interface designs/elements/experiences.
- Create prototypes for new products or product features. Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flow diagrams, or other tools.
- Review work items as directed by Product Manager to determine relevant UI/UX elements.
- Work with Product Managers (and possibly clients) to understand client requirements, business goals, and/or objectives.
- Identify users’ needs and understand how users consume and navigate content.
- Optimize existing user interface designs to improve user experience.
- Combine UX thinking with design execution to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces.
- Conduct usability testing.
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce EarthSoft’s brand style and voice through visual touchpoints.
- Follow Product Group workflow SOPs with respect to product development, QA, documentation, and technical support.
- Maintain a dedicated work space with access to high speed internet that is compliant with EarthSoft policies for workstation safety and security.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience (what you need/have):
- 2-5 years of experience as a UI/UX designer or similar role. A UI design portfolio required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Strong software application aptitude.
- Ability to work within complex network configurations.
- Possesses basic skills needed to utilize Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficient with visual design/prototyping tools (e.g., proto.io)
- Preferred experience with web, mobile, and desktop products.
- Preferred experience with agile development principles and processes.
- Preferred experience with Azure DevOps development environment.
- Environmental industry knowledge and/or experience a bonus.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills. Organizes thoughts and ideas and communicates information clearly for the reader/listener. Tailors communication to the recipient/audience. Communicates using correct grammar and punctuation.
- Strong customer service/support skills, including active listening skills.
- Innovative and able to think critically.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Vaccine Policy: EarthSoft requires Staff in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Compensation: Commensurate upon Experience
To apply, please email email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
EarthSoft provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, consultants, agents, and applicants for employment without regard to any legally protected status such as race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.