Description (who you are):
As a member of the EarthSoft Training and Programs Department, you use communication to help EarthSoft staff and clients succeed. Work will be conducted via e-mail, telephone, internet conferencing tools, and/or in-person. You facilitate client product training by working closely with the client and in collaboration with other EarthSoft teams. Travel will be required, in accordance with corporate travel policy.
The goal of a successful Trainer is to positively engage clients with EQuIS products, facilitating fluency with the products necessary to support the diverse roles within their organization. Trainers are skilled in synthesizing existing and goal client workflows from both the client and EarthSoft Project/Account Managers, and tailoring existing training materials around client needs, as necessary. A successful trainer will have a background in environmental data or live instruction, possessing the ability to adjust the material delivered to suit the audience skill level and project timeline. Ability to prepare professional, engaging instruction, and timely, meaningful follow-up is necessary. Trainers also liaise with software product groups and product managers, to create new, meaningful materials around new modules, products, and features.
Responsibilities (what you do):
- Completes all projects on-time, within scope, and within budget (when applicable).
- Identifies changes in project scope, schedule and costs (when applicable), and discusses with supervisor as you become aware.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive written and presentation materials to support EarthSoft staff and client communication.
- Coordinates internal resources on projects as applicable.
- Maintains currency with EarthSoft blogs and attends Office Hours and Forums as directed.
- Completes internal training/development courses as directed.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with peers in other departments.
- Corresponds with clients on EQuIS Training needs and preparations.
- Coordinates EQuIS Training Price Quotes with Sales.
- Keeps Calendar & Website up-to-date with trainings dates and information.
- Attends and routinely participates in online, on-site, or open trainings.
- Trains on complete topics as assigned for online, on-site, or open trainings.
- Researches and writes-up outstanding issues/questions as directed by Senior Trainers. Sends follow-up to clients.
- Debriefs Training Manager after training as directed by Senior Trainers and provides data (training metrics, sign-in sheets, etc.).
- Completes assigned tasks under Senior Trainers and Training Manager direction.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Requirements (what you need/have):
- Good communication skills including active listening skills.
- Ability to address needs of EarthSoft clients.
- Ability to make presentations to internal staff and EarthSoft clients.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical field such as environmental science, biology, geology, chemistry or others.
- 1-3 years’ prior work experience.
- Intermediate knowledge and proven aptitude of Professional, Enterprise, EDP, introductory material.
- Introductory knowledge additional products: DQM, SPM, Live, Alive, EDGE, Collect, EnviroInsite.
- Up to 50% travel required – corporate travel is temporarily suspended.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position; this position requires performing on-site client training and other activities that require vaccination to comply with company policy and client contractual obligations.
Compensation: commensurate upon experience.
To apply, please email email@example.com
Please, no phone calls about this job!
EarthSoft provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, consultants, agents, and applicants for employment without regard to any legally protected status such as race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.