EarthSoft Seeks Multiple System Engineers
November 9, 2011
As a member of the EarthSoft System Engineer Organization, you will be providing support for our many software clients. This support will be provided via email, telephone, and/or remote conferencing tools. You will be asked to use cloud-based software tools for project management, case tracking, and communications with a remote team of professionals for resolution. Some travel is required. A broad range of troubleshooting skills is required in order to support the installation, implementation, and use of EQuIS, EarthSoft’s Environmental Quality Information System. EQuIS is the most widely used environmental data management system in the world. EQuIS is used by many government agencies, Industrial property owners, over 300 consultants, and over 400 analytical labs around the world. Many US EPA regions, state regulatory agencies, Army Corps, and other government organizations use EQuIS. EQuIS interfaces with ArcGIS for advanced environmental decision support and data analysis. Many other software products are integrated with EQuIS, and System Engineers must support, test, and problem-solve for complex, multi-system configurations.
An ability to interface with professionals on tight deadlines in complex network configurations is critical for this job.
- Strong customer service/support skills including active listening, excellent verbal and written communication; ability to research and resolve technical problems using a variety of resources and tools; experience in a support environment desirable.
- Strong software application aptitude; experience with EQuIS tm required.
- Project/client management experience highly desirable.
- High initiative with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Experience conducting training courses highly desirable.
- Ability to work from home with access to a high-speed internet connection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Environmental or Geological Sciences (or similar), Computer Science, Engineering, or Geography.
- Basic Microsoft Windows Platform knowledge required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Spanish communications skills a plus.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Locations: Texas (Houston, Dallas), Mid-Atlantic US (Pittsburgh), Northeastern US, and Calgary
- Compensation: Commensurate upon Experience
- Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!