|EQuIS Data Gathering Engine (EDGE)
These instructions are to install EDGE as an application on your desktop, but you can install it in any location you want to (e.g. in a folder in My Documents or directly on the C:Drive), whatever is easiest for you.
- Double click on the ‘SGS_EDGE_6.5.2’ link and download the zip file to your desktop.
- IMPORTANT STEP – On the desktop, right click on the .zip file, select Properties and then click on the ‘Unblock’ button and then Save – see http://help.earthsoft.com/6.5/edge/index.htm?unblocking-downloaded-files.htm for more details on why this step is important.
- Extract the folder from inside the .zip file and place it on your desktop (Note: You can now delete the .zip file if needed)
- Run the ‘Start_EDGE.exe’ file that you will find inside the folder, this will start EDGE and present you with a registration screen.
- If you are presented with a message asking to manually open a format, click ‘Yes’ and select the EDGE.xse file that you will find in your EDGE install folder at …\SGS_EDGE_6.5.2\EDGE\Formats\EDGE
- Select the ‘Workstation Licenses’ tab, and click on the ‘here’ hyperlink to request registration keys (see screenshot below)
- This will open up a website where you need to fill in your details and submit
- You will then receive an e-mail that contains a list of key codes.
- Copy and paste the key codes from the e-mail into the box in the registration screen and hit the ‘Save Keys’ button followed by OK
Please Note: All EarthSoft registrations requires an internet connection.
How to determine if you already have the .NET Framework version 4.0
You can check to see if you already have the .NET Framework 4.0 installed by clicking Start on your Windows desktop, selecting Control Panel, and then double-clicking Add or Remove Programs. When that window appears, scroll through the list of applications. If you see Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 listed, the latest version is already installed and you do not need to install it again.