As an Accountant with moderate professional experience, you are a key member of the Accounting Team and an active part of EarthSoft Administration directly supporting all Company business transactions. Your activities support the team responsibilities and assist others throughout the Company.
You are a dutybound employee with significant fiduciary responsibilities. You understand “need to know” and follow appropriately secure confidentiality practices. You follow laws, regulations, policies, professional practice principles, and standard operating procedures and you help ensure that other staff are aware of and do the same. You continuously endeavor to help your team and the Company be successful..
Responsibilities (what you do):
- Prepare and process payroll for U.S. and Canadian Employees and our global consultants.
- Manage or backup Company Accounting systems as Point of Contact; become a Subject Matter Expert.
- Support AR/AP activities, special arrangements, and account collections as requested.
- Manage Company “contract services” billing activities.
- Prepare, process, and document Sales and Use tax returns for each state as required.
- Prepare or assist with financial forecasting, projections, and budgeting activities.
- Manage Accounting workflow for AP processing of all credit card payments.
- Prepare, present, and discuss Company financial reports with the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors including routine presentations to managers or Staff about Company Accounting SOPs (standard operating procedures).
- Support Company Managers, Teams, and Staff with Accounting related issues as requested.
- Support Accounting Team Best Practices by cross training and performing back-up on tasks as needed.
- Support the well-being of the Pensacola Office and culture with positivity and proactive participation.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Experience (what you need/have):
- Professional integrity, intelligence, and composure; you must be capable of determining and understanding the appropriate degree of discretion required for each assignment and activity that you perform.
- A thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliations is expected.
- Attention to detail is essential in all assignments and duties, exacting standards for work product accuracy are expected and maintained as a matter of process.
- Strong root cause/problem solving, and critical thinking skills are necessary.
- Great communication skills including active listening, writing, and speaking using clear and concise language, especially when working with or assisting others is essential.
- A strong working knowledge of payroll processing regulations and requirements, as well as contract services cost accounting and invoicing practices is needed, experience in these operations is a plus.
- A collaborative mentality to contribute to Team and Company success is expected.
- Your determination to complete assignments and satisfy expectations will help us succeed.
- A strong drive to help make improvements that will contribute to Company success, especially regarding accounting process development and complex workflow standardization.
- Intermediate to advanced QuickBooks and/or other better accounting program skills are expected.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Power BI, etc. skills are needed.
- A working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles will help you succeed.
Compensation: Commensurate upon Experience
Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
EarthSoft provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, consultants, agents, and applicants for employment without regard to any legally protected status such as race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please email email@example.com.