…Spider Diagrams and ArcGIS Server web GIS modules…
September 26, 2008 – EarthSoft today announces several new GIS module improvements, including a new EQuIS for ArcGIS Server web GIS Enterprise module.
EQuIS for ArcGIS can now produce “Spider Diagrams”, also called “Chem Data Boxes” — advanced labeling tools for re-arranging and re-sizing cross-tab labels driven by data queries.
Several EQuIS clients have requested Spider Diagrams in the past, stating that these quite often had to be produced by the CAD department and represented tremendous labor investments. EQuIS’s new functionality represents a big step forward in producing these advanced graphics efficiently. These Spider Diagrams are created by seamlessly integrating EnviroInsite tables with ArcMap. Further innovation will be forthcoming now that EnviroInsite is included with each EQuIS 5 Professional license.
EQuIS for ArcGIS Server
EarthSoft also announced EQuIS for ArcGIS Server, a totally new module for those groups using ArcGIS Server 9.2 or 9.3 for web GIS. EQuIS is the only commercially available environmental data management software in the world supporting ArcGIS Server at this time.
EQuIS for ArcGIS Server includes the following innovative attributes:
- Graduated Colors – Define the color schema for the points on the map. This allows you to create a thematic map by selecting a layer, and then applying layer attributes and selecting a number of ranges.
- Graduated Symbols – In addition to a color schema, you can define symbol schema for the points on the map based on attribute values.
- Multiple non-contiguous Points – Select diverse map points by controlling list features. Like colors and symbols, this feature is driven through an intuitive interface providing unrivaled flexibility and ease of use.
- Drill-Down and Identify – Select features from multiple layers using a single point, line, or spatial selection criteria.
- Save and Print – Use any of the following file formats to save and print your map: PDF, BMP, EMF, GIF, JPG, PNG, PS, SVGZ, or TIFF.
- Parameter Value Display – Display the selected parameter values next to the symbol.
About EarthSoft: EarthSoft provides open, innovative software solutions for managing sample/technical data for laboratories, consultants/engineers, owner/operators, responsible parties and other stakeholders. For more information write email@example.com, or visit www.earthsoft.com.